TO READ MY ENTIRE BIOGRAPHY CLICK ON THE + BUTTON ON THE FAR RIGHT OF THE BLUE LINE. I am a writer. My poetry is often sad. I write of death and grief. I write about experiences in my life. But, I can write happy if I want to, and I love to write of nature and poems on a spiritual theme, sometimes even romance. And people who know me will verify I like using quotes. I love art, classical music, research, nature, gardening and meditation. I collect old books, vintage clothing, jewelry and dishes. I adore the old building where I live with my fluffy cat called, Snuggles Kitty Cat. The avatar statue you see on my poems I use, to honor my elderly cat Smudges who died at 20 years old. I loved her very much. She was very sweet and tranquil and loved to lay in the shade of the flowers.
Ten poems that define me as a poet . . . (from thousands)
1. The Dream Lingers https://www.poetrysoup.com/poem/the_dream_lingers_408612 This poem was written after a near death experience, it stills haunts me, I could hear my mother calling me.
2. Safe In My Heart Forever https://www.poetrysoup.com/poem/safe_in_my_heart_forever_549494 My mother was my anchor, the wings beneath my feet and my best friend, I miss her so very much.
3. Tattered Pages https://www.poetrysoup.com/poem/tattered_pages_688344 At the end of the poem, a baby born, died and I was told he was adopted, my parents lied.
4. Dad's Workshop https://www.poetrysoup.com/poem/dads_workshop_714811 I wrote this poem in 1997 but only posted it when I was posting on poetrysoup- it is about Dad.
5. Beautiful Scars https://www.poetrysoup.com/poem/beautiful_scars_735565 This poem gives you just a small glimpse of the pain and grief I carry with me every single day.
6. And That Comes From Within https://www.poetrysoup.com/poem/and_that_comes_from_within_1127173 My health is not that good, never has been and never will be, and no money will change my outcome.
7. in my green dream https://www.poetrysoup.com/poem/in_my_green_dream_762889 I love this poem, dreamy and spiritual, I am all about nature in this one, come on a green journey.
8. A Lost Feather https://www.poetrysoup.com/poem/a_lost_feather_783977 This poem is very meaningful to me, it speaks of my Ojibwe roots and of my ancestors in the sky.
9. "Kindness is the Key" https://www.poetrysoup.com/poem/kindness_is_the_key_848785 When awful things happen to us in life it is easy to become mean and resentful but kind is better.
10. I Write Fragments https://www.poetrysoup.com/poem/i_write_fragments_1243058 This poem sums up my journey in writing, fragments, snippets that drip, drip from my pen and mostly at night.