TO READ CLICK ON THE + BUTTON. I am a writer of poetry I come from a family of storytellers and this has helped me in my poetry. I have been writing since I could pick up a pen. Have written in all forms and won many, many contests with my poetry. My poetry has been featured in lots of books. I have created my own forms that are often used by poets worldwide. And I have extensivley studied the poems of old, the writers forms, word use, punctuation, rhyming and layout. I have taken some Writing Classes and have been told over and over, I am a born poet, something that can never be taught. Have been part of several poetry clubs locally. I have helped poets to edit their poems and helped them to improve their presentation. My own poems are quite often sad. I write of death and grief. You could say I write "graveyard poetry." And I write about experiences in my life, to complications of the world, and not afraid to share my soul. But, I can and do write happy if I want to, and I love to write of nature and poems on spiritual introspective themes, sometimes I even write of romance. And people who know me, will verify that I like using quotes in my poetry and I enjoy writing for contest themes on Poetry Soup. I joke that I can make any theme sad. I enjoy sponsoring my own contests on Poetry since 2008 and have sponsored hundreds and hundreds of contests. I left the site for a brief time in 2011, removing all my poetry when my Muse went missing, but, after a near death experience returned later in 2012 and just picked up where I left off. I love art, all classical music, researching all things, nature, gardening, meditation, praying, peace and tranquility. I collect books of all kinds, dictionaries, poetry books, art, even cookbooks, I adore vintage jewelry, colored glass, and dishes. I adore the creaking, moaning old building where I live with my Snuggles Kitty Cat and a few mice.
Ten poems that define me as a poet . . . (from thousands)
1. The Dream Lingers https://www.poetrysoup.com/poem/the_dream_lingers_408612 This poem was written after a near death experience, it stills haunts me, I could hear my mother calling me.
2. Safe In My Heart Forever https://www.poetrysoup.com/poem/safe_in_my_heart_forever_549494 My mother was my anchor, the wings beneath my feet and my best friend, I miss her so very much.
3. Tattered Pages https://www.poetrysoup.com/poem/tattered_pages_688344 At the end of the poem, a baby born, died and I was told he was adopted, my parents lied.
4. Dad's Workshop https://www.poetrysoup.com/poem/dads_workshop_714811 I wrote this poem in 1997 but only posted it when I was posting on poetrysoup- it is about Dad.
5. Beautiful Scars https://www.poetrysoup.com/poem/beautiful_scars_735565 This poem gives you just a small glimpse of the pain and grief I carry with me every single day.
6. And That Comes From Within https://www.poetrysoup.com/poem/and_that_comes_from_within_1127173 My health is not that good, never has been and never will be, and no money will change my outcome.
7. in my green dream https://www.poetrysoup.com/poem/in_my_green_dream_762889 I love this poem, dreamy and spiritual, I am all about nature in this one, come on a green journey.
8. A Lost Feather https://www.poetrysoup.com/poem/a_lost_feather_783977 This poem is very meaningful to me, it speaks of my Ojibwe roots and of my ancestors in the sky.
9. "Kindness is the Key" https://www.poetrysoup.com/poem/kindness_is_the_key_848785 When awful things happen to us in life it is easy to become mean and resentful but kind is better.
10. I Write Fragments https://www.poetrysoup.com/poem/i_write_fragments_1243058 This poem sums up my journey in writing, fragments, snippets that drip, drip from my pen and mostly at night.