Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

bonnie15150 - all messages by user

5/10/2018 12:25:53 PM
no form must what you write follow a form to be considered a poem? Im new to all this and am finding out there are all these rules to follow when writing poetry. all these words, definitions, rules, formats which i've never heard of before and dont have a clue what most of them means. I just sat down one day and started writing about true events in my life trying to make the last word rhyme with the next last word and called it a poem. are these 5 poems I wrote not considered poem? can I enter them in a poetry contest? what form would i call them?
please help
5/29/2018 3:33:57 PM
This place is a joke I too am new not a poet but have written 5 short poems? of my feeling on loosing my daughter and husband. I have been told by many "lay" persons that they are really good. So I came to this site hoping to find out from someone with poetry knowledge if what i have written is any good, if it is poetry. Only to find a whole new world of poetry language and words and style of which I do not have a clue what any of them means. and don't plan on becoming a poet in the future i have no training just seeking a small amount of feedback which is impossible to obtain here, i must be doing everything wrong. and with all that I really do not feel qualify on leaving any kind of feedback on a true poets work.

so how am i to get feedback if i don't leave any???

do you really want feed back from someone who don't even know what poetry style is or how to writ them???? I just wanted to see if everyone was right the what i wrote is good or if it is just a bunch of garbage.

every time i leave a post i go back to look if there's any comments and all my post are gone deleted or something. so to me this place is a joke but what do i know
5/29/2018 3:44:38 PM
This place is a joke sorry a little more.... let me clarify. I ve received several good comments on my :writes" of how sad they are, how they make them want to cry, how from the heart they are. but im seeking ok do they have a style? could i enter them in a contest? if so what style would they enter under? do i need to change them around a little to make them fit a style so on and so on. or are they something i should just private and not share
5/30/2018 10:30:21 PM
no form thank you all for your input my questions were pretty much answered
thank you again
pages: 1