Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

plaingirl15 - all messages by user

8/31/2017 5:41:34 PM
im new around here.. heyo!
my name is rachael and im a pretty average girl i guess. ive had a lot of troubles with depression and anxiety and eating disorders in the past which i write about pretty often. recently, my parents have decided to get divorced which really lit my creative fire. i want to make things that people can relate to, especially if they've been in or are in situations that ive gone through. i just dont want people to feel as alone as ive felt for a really long time. anywayssss, see ya later ^.^ -rachael
9/3/2017 2:07:48 PM
please help me to criticize my poem Hey, I really like your poem, I can see theres a lot of emotion behind it. But you could improve it by trying to use more words that common people that dont have a large vocabulary can still understand. Also, dont let yourself focus all on rhyming, try and write down all your thoughts and then think about ways to rhyme. I often found myself putting sentences in just because they rhymed but they didnt necessarily have any meaning to the story that I was trying to convey. So just try and focus on the poem first and then try to piece things together, (this will also help you make less lengthy poems and make them have more depth.) If you ever need anything feel free to message me
- rachael
edited by plaingirl15 on 9/3/2017
9/3/2017 2:12:20 PM
Honest Feedback Please// Choked Up typing error in the third stanza, it should be sewn instead of sown
9/3/2017 2:15:31 PM
be brutal :) I feel like it would make more sense if you said a pluvious colour as there are others, (purple, blue-green, etc.) Just a suggestion though, either way it sounds great!
pages: 1