Book: Reflection on the Important Things

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Vasudha R - all messages by user

5/11/2017 3:56:35 PM
Love for the Moment Too good for words, you have an absolutely brilliant poem here. I'd say that it took my breath away
In my opinion though, the line structure that you've implemented here, while it should've given your poem a profound feeling, is masking the continuity and relation of ideas. For example, you've used I'd say in repetition - the whole significance of this is being covered up by the fact that there are too many lines in the middle.Like most have pointed out, this is the only thing holding your poem back from perfection. There are some consecutive lines (only a few, keeping in mind the style you wish to maintain) that could be linked into one, and would produce a better effect and would be more meaningful.
Try exploring that
5/12/2017 12:44:35 PM
Best Wishes! Greetings fellow poets!
No matter how much I may love to write, I don't always have the time and opportunity to follow through on this desire due to several other important engagements.
I was truly thrilled to discover this forum and cannot wait to string my thoughts and feelings like pearls onto a necklace, to showcase to the world in the form of poetry - one among my several passions - via this wonderful platform. Hope to hear your invaluable reviews and comments so that I may improve my poetic expression and take my writing to a new level! Let me know what you think of my writing, any and all feedback is most appreciated
5/16/2017 2:07:15 PM
print("Hello world") I was grinning at the Python ref
Welcome to Poetry Soup!
pages: 1