Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Paul Dandrea - all messages by user

5/13/2017 12:21:23 PM
answer comments how do i answer comments? no box comes up or push buttons when i receive one.
5/16/2017 11:54:31 AM
Paul's Intro I'm an 80 year old resident of Salem Oregon. I moved here from the San Francisco Bay Area last year in the Spring. My marriage had become intolerable, and to save myself I needed to uproot and make a fresh start. I managed to survive the move and the adjustment to a new city without having a support system in place. That was a challenge. Salem is a much quieter and more civil place than the Bay Area. People are less guarded here and so am I. I like that part of small city life.

I'm fairly healthy and mobile although my energy day gets shorter and shorter. Writing has been good for me. The persistent baring of the soul seems to stir healing. I even read poetry in public regularly which I didn't have the courage to do when I was married. To keep socially active I go to meetups of various kinds as well as classes. As an elder I don't look, feel, taste, smell good enough for love, so I write instead as the jaws of eternity move closer.
edited by Paul Dandrea on 5/19/2017
pages: 1