You have an ad blocker! We understand, but...

PoetrySoup is a small privately owned website. Our means of support comes from advertising revenue. We want to keep PoetrySoup alive, make it better, and keep it free. Please support us by disabling your ad blocker on PoetrySoup. See how to enable ads while keeping your ad blocker active. Thank you!

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

llmilgate - all messages by user

5/13/2010 10:35:35 AM
Pet Peeve I was wondering if people sometimes acted as a poetry group, then you do make comments which can be helpful, but it is tricky. You do not want to be harsh. Maybe just comments like check your spelling and/or usage of _____. I watched an instructor do it and she did not often comment on minor errors, people may have just mistyped ( a word?). She would say things like, "I did get stuck here" It was interesting and sometimes you changed something sometimes you didn't. I think there are some good poets here, a whole range of them. So I do learn just by reading poetry here. Take care all
5/23/2010 10:06:09 AM
Poll Question: Featured Poetic Forms... As long as we can post any form of poetry that we feel a call to write, featuring types of poetry would be an interesting learning opportunity.
5/23/2010 10:10:45 AM
Have fun and keep PoetrySoup a haven. This is what I have been looking for as I wandered thru the site. I think it's a good idea, maybe some general suggestions--bullets-- about how to critique? Something similar to what is provided by an instructor when they hold a workshop or class?
11/29/2010 2:27:36 PM
Rhymed Verse Trick Interesting, thank you. Can always used creative tools.
pages: 1