Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Grahamburglar - all messages by user

4/19/2015 10:08:10 PM
Introduction I joined a few days ago, and I haven't done much exploring yet. Today I found the forums...obviously. So by way of introduction, My name is Preston and I turned 34 last month. I am the type of person who skips from one hobby to another fairly regularly. Writing, however, is something I fell in love with in my early 20's and have never let go of. I write most frequently in personal journals, which is where a lot the ideas for my poetry tend to come from.

I've discovered the contests on this site and love that they provide built-in topics to write about. I hope you'll all be patient with me as I am not a polished poet. Despite the fact that I write alot, I haven't done much formal poetry. So my forms will likely be messy, my meter will not always be perfect, and my rhyme schemes, when I try to employ them, may occasionally be clumsy. Despite it all, I am certainly hoping to grow and improve, so please, by all means, if you have feedback, even (or especially) if it is a little critical, let me know.

I have really enjoyed hanging out on this site and reading the works of many of you, so I want to offer a sincere thank you for your willingness to share your talents. I look forward to becoming a part of the community here.
1/20/2016 8:57:25 PM
Greetings fellow poets Hey Kurtis, welcome! I go through spurts where I can hardly write fast enough to get all of the ideas out, followed by periods of...well, mostly too much school, too much work, too much life, and I find it difficult to find the balance. In any case, I have grown to really enjoy this site, and there are a lot of extremely talented and encouraging people here. I hope your experience on the soup is as good as mine has been. Oh, and again...welcome!
pages: 1