Book: Reflection on the Important Things

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Isaiah Zerbst - all messages by user

10/27/2012 1:25:11 PM
Just Joined! Hey everyone,
I just joined the site yesterday and so far it has been great! I did not expect so many wonderful comments! I started writing poetry in about February of 2012. I never did take the time to count all the poems that I have written or helped others improve so I don't have any idea. Mostly I use the quatrain poetry form with only one set of rhymes per verse, occasionally two sets. I like to vary the meter; usually between 8.6.8.6. and 15.15.15.15. .
I am very thankful that I have been raised in a Christian home, and that Jesus is the Lord of my life. This may come as a surprise to some, but I would not be the author that I am today without Jesus.
I wrote my first real short story when I was twelve; quickly finding out that I enjoyed writing, although I was not very good at it. I attended a writing class for a year, which drastically improved my writing skills and helped me to more accurately transfer my thoughts to the page.
One of my favorite authors is G. A. Henty; if someone said that my work was nearly as good as his, then I would consider myself a successful author, (although it is not there yet). I have also been influenced somewhat by the writings of Gilbert Morris and Howard Pyle.
My goal in writing is to provide wholesome Christian stories that will be helpful to whoever reads them; stories that promote Christian character, virtue, and reliance upon God. This is the reason that I often include scripture passages and prayers in my work.

I enjoy writing stories and playing music; piano, fiddle, and acoustic guitar. I have been setting a lot of my poems to music as well as poems that others have written.
Thanks for reading! Please do take a look at some of my poetry.
Isaiah Zerbst
edited by Isaiah Zerbst on 2/3/2013
edited by Isaiah Zerbst on 2/3/2013
pages: 1