You have an ad blocker! We understand, but...

PoetrySoup is a small privately owned website. Our means of support comes from advertising revenue. We want to keep PoetrySoup alive, make it better, and keep it free. Please support us by disabling your ad blocker on PoetrySoup. See how to enable ads while keeping your ad blocker active. Also, did you know you can become a PoetrySoup Lifetime Premium Member and block ads forever...while getting many more great features. Take a look! Thank you!
Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

chuck1144 - all messages by user

5/10/2010 10:51:18 AM
greetings from chuck keys i have been on this site for just about a month. "poetry soup" is definitely a treasure. i have been writing for a couple of years now and never knew this site existed. wow! i only need to visit one site instead of many to make a fool of myself.

much of my work is introspective in as much as i try to use myself as a springboard to address the rest of the world - as probably many writers do. what truly amazes me is to find that others (writers) find the world as equally frustrating, confusing, inconsistent, hard, cruel, loving, warm and cozy etc. as i do. so with my advanced intelligence i realized what makes each us very different is how we apply our reactions to this world in what and how we sense/live out our lives daily. i guess this is a polite way of saying how i like to confuse everything and make it more complicated than it is or could be or should be. now i have to think about this; maybe i will or I should write a poem on this subject. hmm.
anyway, thanks for sharing some time with me and welcome to my journey (with and or without you). if i remember correctly, once my phsycotherapist told me i think too much but i dont remember if that was positive or negative or maybe both! thanks and enjoy your day, chuck keys
5/11/2010 9:30:41 AM
PoetrySoup Frequently Asked Questions how do i add names of my favorite poets and poems into my own lists?
5/12/2010 8:35:39 PM
Poll Question: Featured Poetic Forms... I believe we should be able to publish any kind of poetry any day any time - whenever the mood strikes. Focusing one genre a day or week would only enhance the open publishing scheme currently in place. Let freedom ring ...
pages: 1