Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

MissDWright - all messages by user

6/7/2012 6:42:30 PM
I feel welcomed!! My name is Doreen Wright. I have been writing poetry for over two decades. I am so excited about joining this online community! For the last ten years, I have been an elementary school teacher but never gave up on my dream of being a published poet. I have won a few poetry contests in which my poems were published however that was before the internet existed! I will be reading and commenting often, I welcome feedback as well. I will be self publishing a book before the end of the summer after researching details for the past year. If you have or need any pointers, I would love to share. Be blessed Poets...
6/8/2012 10:11:00 PM
Slam? Slamming a poem is spoken word. The poet recites the poem aloud to an audience. If you look it up on youtube you will be able to see it.
6/8/2012 10:15:13 PM
How do I get readers? If you look up poetry critique under forums, you can post one poem a day for feedback. Lots of luck.
7/3/2012 9:46:36 PM
I'm new Welcome to PS Jon!!! This is an AWESOME place :-) Enjoy!
7/3/2012 9:51:12 PM
Nikki Giovanni!! She is an amazing poet. The forms she uses, the ways in which she communicates feelings is incredible.
pages: 1