You have an ad blocker! We understand, but...

PoetrySoup is a small privately owned website. Our means of support comes from advertising revenue. We want to keep PoetrySoup alive, make it better, and keep it free. Please support us by disabling your ad blocker on PoetrySoup. See how to enable ads while keeping your ad blocker active. Also, did you know you can become a PoetrySoup Lifetime Premium Member and block ads forever...while getting many more great features. Take a look! Thank you!

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

MissDWright - all messages by user

6/7/2012 6:42:30 PM
I feel welcomed!! My name is Doreen Wright. I have been writing poetry for over two decades. I am so excited about joining this online community! For the last ten years, I have been an elementary school teacher but never gave up on my dream of being a published poet. I have won a few poetry contests in which my poems were published however that was before the internet existed! I will be reading and commenting often, I welcome feedback as well. I will be self publishing a book before the end of the summer after researching details for the past year. If you have or need any pointers, I would love to share. Be blessed Poets...
6/8/2012 10:11:00 PM
Slam? Slamming a poem is spoken word. The poet recites the poem aloud to an audience. If you look it up on youtube you will be able to see it.
6/8/2012 10:15:13 PM
How do I get readers? If you look up poetry critique under forums, you can post one poem a day for feedback. Lots of luck.
7/3/2012 9:46:36 PM
I'm new Welcome to PS Jon!!! This is an AWESOME place :-) Enjoy!
7/3/2012 9:51:12 PM
Nikki Giovanni!! She is an amazing poet. The forms she uses, the ways in which she communicates feelings is incredible.
pages: 1