Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

jsno1angel - all messages by user

2/23/2012 8:00:43 PM
I'm excited about being here.... I've been writing poetry since I was 10 years old. I always write about my life experiences rather good or bad. Writing at a young age taught me how to deal with my issues. Opened my eyes to other options. I'm excited about letting people finally read them. Didn't have much support from my family about writing. They thought I was wasting my time. Now I'm hoping to prove to myself and them that this was never a waste of time and I do a good job of it. Looking forward to the comments and I hope everybody enjoys them and gets something out of them.
2/26/2012 8:04:07 PM
Trying to Publish, but can't find a Publisher :( I've been trying to find one too. Everyone I found is very expensive. I'm still working on getting enough poems written to consider a book, but would love to have a couple publish in something.
4/7/2012 6:59:52 PM
My proud moment.... I entered one of my poems in a contest before I found this site. It is the one called " She still loves him" and to my surprise it has made the finals. I am very proud of myself for going ahead and following my dreams. It took me awhile to start, but now I can't stop. Unfortunatly it took me loosing 2 very special people in my life to realize how short life is. You are here one day and gone the next. That is when it hit me that I need to share my poetry cause that is my dream. Even if I don;t when the contest, knowing I put my work out there is my proud moment.
6/8/2012 8:13:39 PM
Am I the only one.... So I always find myself coming out with good material and lots of it at once, then for some reason I can go months without writing. So how often does one write? To me life needs to throw a curve ball in order for the writing to happen. Is it unusual for people to just write when things happen or should I try to pick it up more?
pages: 1