You have an ad blocker! We understand, but...

PoetrySoup is a small privately owned website. Our means of support comes from advertising revenue. We want to keep PoetrySoup alive, make it better, and keep it free. Please support us by disabling your ad blocker on PoetrySoup. See how to enable ads while keeping your ad blocker active. Thank you!

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

travelingboy - all messages by user

6/10/2011 3:25:40 AM
Out of the Fullness of the Heart, the Mouth Speaks Hello everyone. I am from the Philippines, and I work in the hospitality industry. I write poetry usually to express what I feel inside that I could not always say out loud. I am not a very outgoing person, and would normally keep to myself, so I find expression in writing not only poetry, but also prose.
I have been an amateur poet over a span of 30 years, and I have written hundreds of poems, usually for friends, which I give away. Unfortunately I did not think of archiving my own work so I no longer have access to the bulk of my work, save for a few which I have found in my attic, from the 80s and 90s.
I believe that when writing poetry one should write from the heart. Otherwise we are no better than one of the early poetry-writing software in my old Apple II computer, which produced poetry-sounding gibberish.
I hope to keep learning from everyone here in this website. Thank you all.
pages: 1