You have an ad blocker! We understand, but...

PoetrySoup is a small privately owned website. Our means of support comes from advertising revenue. We want to keep PoetrySoup alive, make it better, and keep it free. Please support us by disabling your ad blocker on PoetrySoup. See how to enable ads while keeping your ad blocker active. Thank you!

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Samual Ronthorpe - all messages by user

4/22/2011 1:34:17 PM
testing I just spent 1 1/2 hours writing a post and this site rejected it. This is a test to see if this forum is even working.
4/22/2011 1:38:34 PM
testing successful test. I am not going to re-write 500 words. My post basically said, Hi.
4/24/2011 5:35:08 PM
centering my poem From what I could figure out, the title line will not accept HTML code, but the body section will. Therefore I do not believe there is a way to do it that way. You can play with it by typing a period, then some spaces.
5/8/2011 4:07:18 PM
Seeking advice Robert L. Hinshaw wrote:
TSURT74 wrote:
Are you familiar with Famous Poets in Talent, OR 97540? I entered my poem "Best Friend" in their contest. Their judges put it in the semi finals. Eligible for a Grand Prize of $1000.00. They offered to put the poem in their "Famous Poets of the Heartland" book. I also would receive a CD of my poem read by Shakespeare actor John Campbell "absolutely" free! The book cost $24.95 plus $5.00 shipping. Could this be a scam? Are they reputable? What do you guys think? I'm a little leery. Any advice? Thanks for reading this. Ralph

It is not a scam, as long as you don't mind spending the money. I did this a few years ago. The hardbound book is a nice quality book and has thousands of poems, makes for a good read. I would not put a lot of stock in the prize money, that probably won't happen. You will have a professional bound collection of poetry, in which yours is included. I never regretted buying the book and I still pick it up and read it often. Hope this helps.
5/8/2011 4:10:17 PM
Slam? Can somebody tell me what a 'Slam' is? I noticed a contest which has this style of poetry, but I am clueless as to what it means. The person who is sponsoring the contest has not answered my soup mail. Thanks.
1/25/2012 9:06:52 PM
Question about contests not being judged I have entered quite a few contest and I have a question. Is it common practice for someone to start a contest and then just never judge it? I am not going to name names, but I entered 15 contests and 5 were never judged, that is 33.3%. I have stopped entering contests primarily because of that. Has anyone else noticed this? Just curious.
pages: 1