Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Samual Ronthorpe - all messages by user

4/22/2011 1:34:17 PM
testing I just spent 1 1/2 hours writing a post and this site rejected it. This is a test to see if this forum is even working.
4/22/2011 1:38:34 PM
testing successful test. I am not going to re-write 500 words. My post basically said, Hi.
4/24/2011 5:35:08 PM
centering my poem From what I could figure out, the title line will not accept HTML code, but the body section will. Therefore I do not believe there is a way to do it that way. You can play with it by typing a period, then some spaces.
5/8/2011 4:07:18 PM
Seeking advice Robert L. Hinshaw wrote:
TSURT74 wrote:
Are you familiar with Famous Poets in Talent, OR 97540? I entered my poem "Best Friend" in their contest. Their judges put it in the semi finals. Eligible for a Grand Prize of $1000.00. They offered to put the poem in their "Famous Poets of the Heartland" book. I also would receive a CD of my poem read by Shakespeare actor John Campbell "absolutely" free! The book cost $24.95 plus $5.00 shipping. Could this be a scam? Are they reputable? What do you guys think? I'm a little leery. Any advice? Thanks for reading this. Ralph

It is not a scam, as long as you don't mind spending the money. I did this a few years ago. The hardbound book is a nice quality book and has thousands of poems, makes for a good read. I would not put a lot of stock in the prize money, that probably won't happen. You will have a professional bound collection of poetry, in which yours is included. I never regretted buying the book and I still pick it up and read it often. Hope this helps.
5/8/2011 4:10:17 PM
Slam? Can somebody tell me what a 'Slam' is? I noticed a contest which has this style of poetry, but I am clueless as to what it means. The person who is sponsoring the contest has not answered my soup mail. Thanks.
1/25/2012 9:06:52 PM
Question about contests not being judged I have entered quite a few contest and I have a question. Is it common practice for someone to start a contest and then just never judge it? I am not going to name names, but I entered 15 contests and 5 were never judged, that is 33.3%. I have stopped entering contests primarily because of that. Has anyone else noticed this? Just curious.
pages: 1