You have an ad blocker! We understand, but...

PoetrySoup is a small privately owned website. Our means of support comes from advertising revenue. We want to keep PoetrySoup alive, make it better, and keep it free. Please support us by disabling your ad blocker on PoetrySoup. See how to enable ads while keeping your ad blocker active. Also, did you know you can become a PoetrySoup Lifetime Premium Member and block ads forever...while getting many more great features. Take a look! Thank you!
Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Skodster - all messages by user

8/5/2011 1:37:20 AM
Save Me Thanks for any critique you can offer I like it because I can tell what it's about. If it were mine would try to work on the meter and get a little rythm into it. I would also try to remove words to make it more 'economic' and punchy.
edited by Skodster on 8/5/2011
edited by Skodster on 8/5/2011
8/5/2011 1:48:54 AM
First Poem...would like honest critique B_Pay wrote:
I'm just worried my poem comes across a little too much like green eggs and ham cause I prefer it to rhyme.

I liked your poem and I could easily understand its meaning. I think rhyme is clever as you not only have to convey your thought but in addition, make it phonically attractive. I do both but get the biggest satisfaction from rhyme as it's the biggest challenge.
9/8/2011 5:05:13 PM
What kind of poem is this? Hi everyone!

Please can tell me what kind of poem has subsequent lines rhyming?

Example;

....classes

....molasses

....answers

....dancers

I can't find the answer anywhere!
pages: 1