You have an ad blocker! We understand, but...

PoetrySoup is a very small privately owned website. Our primary means of support comes from revenue generated by advertising.
We want to keep PoetrySoup alive, make it better, and keep PoetrySoup free. Please support us by disabling your ad blocker for PoetrySoup only, while keeping your ad blocker active. How to do it. Thank you!

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » Introductions » About Lil' Me :)

New to PoetrySoup? Introduce yourself here. Tell us something about yourself.
2/20/2012 1:51:37 AM

Sev Smith
Hello everyone I'm here to tell you a little about myself to help you understand my poems a bit better Big Grin

Okay, I'm 16 years old and I've loved Literature since I was 8 years old. I've won many competitions for writing and been published for poetry when I was 9. I've been to writing workshops and when I finish Grade 12, I aim to attend University to study English.

At the moment, I'm attending a public highschool in Queensland Australia, and also enrolled in TAFE for a cert. 3 in visual art.

Now for the poetry understanding bits :P
I've been homeless for about 4 years now, living in and out of about three different places. I do not appriciate being in a different house every night, considering I have a lot of study to complete being in Grade 11.

I've had a boyfriend for 3 years now, but things have gotten very complicated between us since i made a personal discorvery about myself over the past holidays. I found and am sure that I am in fact, gay. I first realised the possibilities of this when I was 6, but refused to believe so. It was hard coming to terms with something I've been brought up to hate, but, I am who I am. Take it or leave it.

On normal circumstances, I would never tell anyone any of this. But this is a poetry site and I really wish for people to know me here and understand my works... All I can say is, I hope you like my poetry and I look forward to talking to you

Cheers
permalink • reply with quote
2/20/2012 1:27:23 PM

Dave Timperley
Your sexual leaning means nothing. It's the person 'inside' that counts. For a 16 year old you talk in advance of your years, maybe the homelessness is the cause of that. However you sound like a lady that knows what she wants, where she is going and more importantly, knows how to get there. May God bless your future. Dave.
permalink • reply with quote

Forum Home » Introductions » About Lil' Me :)