Book: Reflection on the Important Things

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » Writing Poetry » New Poet

Ways to improve your poetry. Post your techniques, tips, and creative ideas how to write better.
8/21/2017 1:36:55 PM

Heath Barker
Just some thoughts and struggles there are times where the words just stream out and the writing is good but the emotions are strong in it. Then there are times when I write where the writing is really good but i've refined it too much and the emotions are lost. This usually happens when I free write the things that are in my mind on paper then I try to declutter my thoughts into multiple Poems and try to capture what was going on in my mind at that time as clearly as possible. While this helps me personally my poetry suffers.

A bit about myself i'm not a writer never really considered writing. My wife died in March of this year and there are a lot of complicated emotions that a Widower goes through and i'm trying to capture them. I have some bone yard writing (thats what I call my free writing) that I'll eventually write some poetry about. The emotions are too raw still there for me to process through.
permalink • reply with quote

Forum Home » Writing Poetry » New Poet