Book: Reflection on the Important Things

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » How do I...? » How to use the correct structure for my poetry

Ask PoetrySoup Members how to do something or find something on PoetrySoup.
2/12/2017 8:09:51 AM

steve fackerell
Hi, I wrote a book a while back with all my poetry that i want to make into an ebook. I uploaded the poems file to epub, but it wont let me choose different formats. I don't want to rewrite all 50+ poems in the correct sentence structure. is there a way to automatically do it. Thank you for your help.
permalink • reply with quote
2/12/2017 3:03:04 PM

Barry Stebbings
There is no correct structure for writing poetry, it all depends on what you are trying to express and how you want to express it. Subject to the standard rules of English usage. You should be able to get guidance from the publisher's submission guidelines and previous work published by them. Changing your sentence construction could change the sense and meaning of your poem, you will have to decide if that is what you want. I do not know this publisher but if they only have a fixed format it might be a good idea to look somewhere else.
2/24/2017 5:46:12 PM

Doug Vinson
Steve, the format of your file may not work with a given site's formatting, or it may not work well.... Sometimes, you just have to bite the bullet and retype them in.
5/18/2017 8:34:07 PM

Elle Meadow
Um epub is a file type so I don't really understand the question. You can't 'upload' the files to epub only convert them.
6/10/2017 7:46:52 PM

Shirley Rebstock
turn one line into italics

Forum Home » How do I...? » How to use the correct structure for my poetry