Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » Writing Poetry » Think of a title then just riff.

Ways to improve your poetry. Post your techniques, tips, and creative ideas how to write better.
7/23/2015 11:10:49 PM

I don't know if this is totally helpful, but I find it best when I'm writing poetry just to think of a title of an abstract thought then just go for it.

For instance I just thought of the title "I shed a tear so don't even worry about my eyes; they function" So I'm just going to go for it, I hope you guys don't mind.

It swells up inside me, as the lump builds in my throat. I put up a wall, and my tears become a moat you can't cross. You have to just sit and watch me and wish that you could help, but all along you're the problem, with you I'll never cope.

So anyway, just think of a title and basically pure expression and pure genius will follow. Some say they're empty words, but if they fill your heart then put them on paper and you can save a life.

Nameste.
permalink • reply with quote
3/19/2016 4:34:42 AM

Darren Knight
I simply spend time thinking on the subject matter and what I wish to convey. From there, I jot down words related to my idea and try build little phrases which blossom into poems.
edited by MrRaven on 3/19/2016
9/26/2016 2:08:19 PM

Jerome Malenfant
What seems to work best for me is to come up with the first line, which then sets the subject and the meter, and then hopefully the poem will develop line by line from that.
8/23/2017 12:59:55 AM

shopping
nice post.the poem lines are very attractive .thank you for sharing this infromation.I really enjoyable to read your poem

--
kerala home appliances

Forum Home » Writing Poetry » Think of a title then just riff.