Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » PoetrySoup Notes » Poll Question: Featured Poetic Forms...

Info and comments from the PoetrySoup Team.

Do you want PoetrySoup to, on occasion; feature a specific form of poetry for the week?

Yes:88
No:12
I don't care:13
pages: 1 2 3 |
4/29/2019 5:49:26 PM

Darlene De Beaulieu
I have a hard time to learn new poetry forms. Although i know some already, some forms I struggle
with. The Tyburn, never tried limerick, I do not understand how to do it. Even when i read how it is done .. I do not understand it. Some poetry forms i won't try because i find them to be hard.I love poetry and i enjoy to create my own poems. I have no help when I create or try to creat the new form of poetry.So i vote no. DarlenDe Beaulieu
permalink • reply with quote
5/5/2019 4:50:28 PM

KEITH DODRILL
DarlaPoet wrote:
I have a hard time to learn new poetry forms. Although i know some already, some forms I struggle
with. The Tyburn, never tried limerick, I do not understand how to do it. Even when i read how it is done .. I do not understand it. Some poetry forms i won't try because i find them to be hard.I love poetry and i enjoy to create my own poems. I have no help when I create or try to creat the new form of poetry.So i vote no. DarlenDe Beaulieu
5/5/2019 5:04:03 PM

KEITH DODRILL
Darla, don’t worry about learning different forms. Stick to the form you’re most comfortable with and like. Maybe, just 1 or 2. Your writing will be better for it. It will probably improve over time , too. Be yourself , not what you think others want you to be. Poetry is meant to be enjoyable ! Stop struggling and use the talent you have to create good/great poems. Create your own style if you can. Who told you you must learn all the different forms ?! Best Wishes , Keith.
pages: 1 2 3 |

Forum Home » PoetrySoup Notes » Poll Question: Featured Poetic Forms...