First, congrats. to all of the winners. I poems/love'>loved all of them and it was very hard to judge-really, really hard.
So, those of you who are ‘regulars’ at judging contests will probably find this a little silly…but here’s what I did.
1. I read each one and indicated the “good poems” so I could move on to round 3.
2. For round 3, I copy/pasted and formatted every poem to be able to print each poem on its own sheet.
3. Next, I wrote out numbers on bright cardboard and labeled each 1-10 and then a category for HM.
4. Then, I re-read all of the poems and ranked them to which place I felt they should receive. It was great, I had numbers and poems sprawled all over my living room!
5. Next, I decided to read them all out loud to my husband. He liked most of them but felt many were “too long”-LOL! He’s a guy that pretty much only watches ESPN highlights, though, so don’t take it personally I did listen to his input and rearranged a few.
6. After that, input the ranking into the computer.
7. I then checked them over twice…and you will see the list of winners on the ‘official’ contest results page.
I hope I become more efficient at this someday
It was my first contest, so if you think you (or someone else) deserved a higher place, you may be right. I did try hard (and judged blindly) and I will only get better with time…so please have mercy J.
So, join my next contest, will ya?
It will be about things that other people do that drive you crazy. I’m sure you catch yourself saying, “What is he or she thinking?” An example would be the girls at my gym who bring cell phones into the sauna. Really?
Again, thanks to all that entered and congratulations!!!