Talkin' Tech. New Contest-I hope you'll consider entering :)
Blog Posted:7/11/2011 8:41:00 PM
Please enter my new contest!!!
I need some cheering up since the unexpected death of my good pal, Coach D. I am so thankful for all of you who expressed well wishes to me about his passing. He was such a fun guy and he wouldn’t want me to sit around being sad…so I decided to launch this contest in his honor and become “cheered up” by the gang at PS .
Ok, I would like you to write a funny/light/humorous poem on the theme of technology. It can be any form, as long as it is light and funny. Please note that you can write about any technology-related topic and you are not limited to the ones I have suggested. Here are just some ideas to get you thinking…
1. How technology has evolved
2. The feud between Microsoft/Apple
3. Grandma using a cell phone for the first time
4. When grandpa learned to text
5. How being a “nerd” or “geek” has become “cool” in recent years
6. The movie Pirates of Silicon Valley or The Social Network
7. How cool/advanced cell phones/gadgets are now
9. How we all wish we would have bought Apple (symbol AAPL), Google (GOOG) or Netflix (NFLX) stock when the IPO came out J If you don’t know about stocks or even what IPO stands for, you can still write about when grandpa learned to text J
10. Steve Jobs and his famous black shirt and jeans (he’s just like one of us, you know! ), Mark Zuckerberg, Steve Wozniak, Sean Parker or any famous tech. guy. If you don’t know who these guys are, you can still write about Grandma using a cell phone J
All you have to do is make it light and funny. I appreciate your support in my first contest!!!