Poetry Soup Imbeded Ads
Blog Posted:11/4/2013 7:31:00 PM
I'm probably the cow's tail on this but - - - -! How long has the soup been highlighting a word in your poems
, so that when clicked it takes you to an advertisement. The ad really may or may not have anything to do with the word, which is beside the point, but was an observation.
1. How long has this been going on? (Don't have time to search the past blogs.)
2. Has this been publicized in the blogs?
3. Is this OK with the majority of you poets?
4. If this is new, I feel like we should voice our feelings. I mean, it's enough to just concentrate on the beauty and meaning of the poem, much less getting sidetracked by the bold print on one particular word.
5. I have never had a quarrel with ads on the pages, so long as they do not overwhelm the poetry. I am disgusted that the soup denigrated my poem without so much as asking my permission. If they had asked I would have refused permission and I will try to find another website to use. Websites from godaddy and places like that are not expensive and one page can bring in much more ad revenue than the page costs. This is not the same soup that I paid to have a life
time membership and I feel they owe me my money back. I do hope they are monitoring these blogs a little closer. If I don't see some feed back very quickly from them, I will send them a copy of this blog. I have been semi-away from the soup for a couple of months now.
Please respond to this blog and let me know if I am out of whack with reality. Probably am but can't change at this late date.