This tab is a Premium Membership feature.
- I'm somewhat of an old lady like the ones who like to wear red and purple (not that I do). I've been writing my version of poems for a few years now. Writing saved my sanity when my first marriage foundered on the rocks of criticism and verbal abuse to me and our children. My poem "Awakening" describes my journey through that hard time - thankfully there was an end to it.
- In later years I have written both for the fun of it and because sometimes I felt I had something to say and poetry was the best way to say it. I hope some of my more insightful poems reach people and bring a sense of "Oh, I get that!"
- I think I must be a minimalist because I like short poems much better than long ones, and that is mostly what I write. Economy of words!! But I have several that have some length and I will post them little by little, but they are a little harder to get into than a short six to nine line post.
- I'm a Californian by birth and still live in the Golden State on the western slope of the Sierra Nevada Mountain Range - beautiful country. My location is at about the 4000 foot elevation so we get milder summers and some beautiful snow in the winter.
- Photography is another hobby of mine, so I'm also on Instagram as swandotter in case anyone else dabbles in taking pictures. I also play with them in somewhat the same way I play with words, so I usually describe my work as Photo Art, not photography.
- That's probably enough about me for now.