OTTOANKA CHALLENGE Poetry Contest
Tanka poetry form only.
Poetry Contest Deadline:
Thursday, April 4, 2019
poems of the maximum 35 allowed
have been entered.
4/4/2019 12:00:00 AM
Note from Sponsor:
No updates yet...
For my first contest, I would like to challenge you to a form which I have created recently. I wanted to create a poem with seven (7) important attributions.
OTTOANKA:- is a name made up from Eight (OTTO) and Tanka (ANKA)
1. Title (Any Syllables)
2. Line with 5 Syllables about Action
3. Line with 7 Syllables about Enthusiasm
4. Line with 5 Syllables about Leadership
5. Line with 7 Syllables about Sensitivity
6. Line with 7 Syllables about Compassion
7. Line with 7 Syllables about the title Attributes
8. Line with 7 Syllables about Conclusion
In my first attempt to tackle my own new form, I have chosen a Zodiac Sign ARIES. At present, the form chosen for the sake of this contest should be "TANKA" since it cannot be found in the list of Type of Poems.
- Aries - Title
- A day at the beach - Action
- All fired up to go swimming - Enthusiasm
- Kids warned to behave - Leadership
- Treated with drinks and ice-creams - Sensitivity
- Children swimming, wife hugs me - Compassion
- Killed Jellyfish in water - Courageous
- Home after a nice day out - Conclusion
The Title could be of any subject. Bullet points are not needed in the poem. No need to put the attributes at the end of each line.
DATE POEMS AND NO NAMES PLEASE
Poems should be in English. Poems translated from other languages are not eligible, unless you wrote both the original poem and the translation.
A Note to Poetry Contestants
You are welcome to enter this contest, whether or not you won a prize in one of my previous contests.