Atom, proton and electron... the incessant turning of the galaxy... the constant turning of the Earth around the sun... this big glob of dirt and water and wind and fire... polarity and duality... thesis, antithesis and synthesis... murder and sexual intercourse... truth and mendacity... female and male... penis and vagina... I write because I breathe... Why this collection? Because life is absurd, and because all living breathing beings must punch their way out of this suffocating repressive bag called "existence." Art is the great liberator of the soul. Art purifies and quenches. It promotes sweat. It increases the heart beat; it neutralizes the solar plexus. It is the electrical connection between the creature and the creator...
Stark Hunter is my pen name. I was born in Whittier, California in 1952. I have written stories and poems since my teenage years in the 1960's. I have published 10 works: In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida (novel), Carnivorous Avenues (poetry), Flies (novella), Private Diaries (novel), Cocktails for the Soul (poetry) Voices from Clark Cemetery (poetry), Voices from Mt. Olive Cemetery (poetry), Digested by the Dust (poetry), Scenes from the Cerebellum (poetry), and Monster Trees (poetry). All of the above works are available at Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble.com. I am a retired English teacher and a published photographer. I am married with two daughters.
My Top 10 Poems That Define Me (Finalist)
1) There Is Nothing To Say About It (Actually I had much to say about ISIS and their violence)
2) As They Danced Incognito (This represents the type of poetic reverie I enjoy writing)
3) In A Suburban Paradise ( Storytelling in loose poetic form from my teenage past)
4) Still Life For Words In G Major (Poetry for poetry’s sake. A word painting set to mind sounds)
5) A Singular Presence (Memory poem about an old friend now deceased)
6) Even The Lazy Lizard (This piece epitomizes my sometimes dream-like approach to poetry writing)
7) Newton W. Moon 1853-1904 (I composed 150 experimental epitaphs, all expanded and developed. This is one of my best)
8) The Endless Green Meadows (A “dream poem” from another place and time)
9) Interludes Of A Night Rat ( This piece was chosen for inclusion in an anthology of poetry in 2013)
10) Your Eyes Are Like Magic Marbles (This is a dream reverie of an old memory from a past love)