What to Submit?
A new poem... on any theme ! - “Dizain" Form only !
The challenge is... ( it must be either one or two “Dizain" stanzas. )
A dizain is a type of poem that follows a prescribed format of syllables per line while adhering to a certain rhyme scheme. A dizain should be comprised of a single 10-line stanza which includes 10 syllables in every line and is written in accordance with this rhyme scheme: ababbccdcd.
An example of this style of poetry can be found at:
Please read the rules carefully!
In my last contest so many poems had to be disqualified for not doing so!
All submitted poems must use :
when checking for rhymes or syllable counts ...no other programs are acceptable.
1) DATE YOUR POEM! New Poems Only submitted on or after Aug. 26th, 2020.
2) Place the contest (Name and Sponsor) at the bottom.
3) DO NOT PUT YOUR NAME ON THE POEM!
4) Only submit poems relative to this contest all others will get a N/A and not be read.
5) Be True To The Form Chosen
6) True rhymes only no near rhymes... if rhyme is required.
7) Spelling and Grammar count!!!!
Prizes: All book prizes have been suspended dew to COVID-19.
First Prize....................Podium Position 1st
Second Prize............... Podium Position 2nd
Third Prize...................Podium Position 3rd
Fourth to 10.................Placing
Preparing Your Entry
Submit one copy of your poem online. Format your poem. Please make your entry easy to read no illustrations or fancy fonts.