Lyric Contest - Shining Starlight Poetry Contest
Poetry Contest Deadline:
Saturday, May 4, 2019
5 poems of the maximum 300 allowed have been entered.
5/4/2019 12:00:00 AM
Note from Sponsor:
No updates yet...
What to Submit?
1 original, poem on the theme of .............
Any form is acceptable.
First Prize, Glory
Second Prize, Glory
Third Prize, Glory
Twelve Honorable Mentions
Preparing Your Entry
Submit one copy of your poem online. Format your poem. Please make your entry easy to read — no illustrations or fancy fonts.
Poems should be in English. Poems translated from other languages are not eligible, unless you wrote both the original poem and the translation.
A Note to Poetry Contestants
You are welcome to enter this contest, whether or not you won a prize in one of my previous contests.
Listen to Shining Starlight via the following links:
- Listen to the track Shining Starlight
- View the lyrics of Shining Starlight
- Create your own version of the above song changing only the verses to your own lyrics (the chorus must be kept the same).
- Give your version a different title than 'Shining Starlight'
Yeah, yeah, oh ohVerse 1
I would travel into the distance
To a land right across the sea
With an outlook of contemplation
Just to have you here with meBridge
Yeah, for the vision I believe
For the vision I believe
To a place only we can see
My shining starlight
Always guiding me
Waiting, waiting, yeah(Melody)
With a trace of footsteps
There’s a guiding light I see
As I graph the constellations
To the pathway of my dreams
Written by Geraldine Taylor ©
- A number of selected prize winners will be promoted to a worldwide audience on my talent website, author showcase website and corresponding social media. There will be an opportunity to be featured in up and coming slideshows on the corresponding Youtube channels and general poet promotion.
- We cannot accept being asked for payment from contest entrants for including their poems.
- We cannont offer individual responses if poems are not selected.