Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

AnnetteJ - all messages by user

5/4/2017 10:45:03 PM
introduction Hi Everyone. I'm new to this site, but have some poetry on a couple other sites, plus my own author page at: annettegagliardi.com
This site seems like a great group of folks and I'm having fun reading poems and sharing some of mine.
thanks for commenting on my work. I'll do the same for you.
5/23/2017 3:18:29 PM
How do we write a poem? I sometimes begin writing a poem by writing down my thoughts in prose. I try to get to the gist of what I want to say in the poem. Then, I glean from the prose paragraphs what the poem will be. After that, I look at wordsmithing - are the words I used the exact one needed. Do I need all the words? Or perhaps I need more. Can I rhyme? Can I use alliteration? What images jump out at me. These questions help me compose a poem from the kernel of truth I want to tell.
6/8/2017 9:38:51 AM
Uploading Biography Photo Check the quality of the image you are trying to upload. Is it a jpeg or gif? I think the system only accepts certain types of documents, and not too big.
6/23/2017 9:52:04 PM
Aging Last line of second stanza needs work. Last line of 3rd stanza Maybe -"Memory was lost - no longer found" Last line needs a bit of work as well. Note some spaced you missed and add punctuation. This is a sad, but good write. Keep working on it. Sometimes saying it out loud gives you help in wordsmithing.
6/23/2017 10:04:25 PM
A wonderful publisher to work with. Sharon, Your publisher - I got the "scrolling ball of death" when I tried that site. Is it actually an email?
pages: 1