Book: Reflection on the Important Things

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Cala Lilly - all messages by user

9/21/2015 11:01:52 AM
Enter Contest Button How do I get the "Enter Contest" button to work when submitting a poem to enter one?
9/23/2015 6:38:49 AM
Controversial Contest Robert Lindley wrote:
SassyLady wrote:
I would like to submit a poem to the contest titled 'Controversial" sponsored by Charlotte Puddifoot. I can find it under the heading Contest Status Member but can't post from there. When I go to Contests I can't find it. The deadline is in October so I wonder if it's closed or just not available to me.

I DO NOT SEE THAT CONTEST ON THE CURRENT CONTEST ROSTER HERE.
It either closed early or else was removed by the sponsor...

I have in the past missed several contests due to early closings.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Sassy
9/23/2015 6:45:50 AM
Controversial Contest I DO NOT SEE THAT CONTEST ON THE CURRENT CONTEST ROSTER HERE.
It either closed early or else was removed by the sponsor...

No, its not specific to you. My problem is different to yours. I can see the Contest on the "Roster" but the "Enter Contest" button doesn't work for me, so I put the words 'for Contest' next to the Title of the poem I submit.
9/23/2015 6:58:35 AM
Have fun and keep PoetrySoup a haven. poetrysoupmp wrote:
We did it before, DARE we do it again? PoetrySoup has a NEW Poetry Forum and you are in it. A while back we had a forum but we shut it down because of abuse. Now, it's time to try it again. Have fun and keep PoetrySoup a haven.
9/23/2015 7:09:11 AM
Have fun and keep PoetrySoup a haven. Hi Team. No abuse seen but, how can I "Have fun and keep PoetrySoup a haven" if I or anyone else cannot make comments? For example, This is what I see on my page:

" Copyright © 2015 Rainbow Promise
Post Comments
Poet has turned off commenting.
Premium feature"

What does turning off commenting mean? Is Commenting a Premium Feature?

edited by Cala Lilly on 9/23/2015
edited by Cala Lilly on 9/23/2015
9/24/2015 12:00:47 AM
A Scripture For Everything That I Write Gentle Criticism, Should there be a Scriptural Twist To Every Poem that I POST? The latest one was saying that "Won't it be better if Gen. 1:26 was implied rather than the abstract image for poem BODY MIND SPRIT. Please see Note at bottom of this poem on my page showing why an Herbalist would make this Abstract.
edited by Cala Lilly on 9/24/2015
9/24/2015 12:02:35 AM
A Scripture For Everything That I Write Many of us are Christians, but must we do what God does not? Making others uncomfortable?
10/5/2015 8:41:06 AM
hello emotions...!! shivam shahi wrote:
i am new to this universe of feelings and i wrie short hindi poems from previous five years... i want all of you to go through my words...
and comment me ur feelings... it would inspire me to be alive!
10/5/2015 8:49:34 AM
hello emotions...!! "I want all of you to go through my words...and comment me your feelings..." I guess that we comment on each other's work, and feel appreciative for the positive things or healthy criticisms made. What is surprising is that under every poem written is the I putted comment "Poet has turned off commenting! Especially if it is a new form of a poem one is trying, why would "commenting" be Turned OFF?
10/6/2015 5:16:22 AM
How Does One Turn On Commenting? "Post Comments
Poet has turned off commenting.
Premium Member Feature"

If this appears under most of your poems, is SOMETHING the matter with them? Who turns this feature on and off for you anyway? Persons need feedback.
edited by Cala Lilly on 10/6/2015Whaaaaa?
edited by Cala Lilly on 10/6/2015
10/26/2015 8:51:29 PM
Ballade and Limerick Poems I had Ballade Poem written in the King's English Someone even commented on it. I also had two Limerick Poems. Did they offend anyone? Comments were also made. How could I get them Replaced in the same order and date, if I were to replace them from a USB? Do person post poems without checking back on them? And, how does "Poet has turned off commenting" appear on your page? I would like to save time looking for "Lost Poems". 😃
11/8/2015 8:51:03 PM
Have fun and keep PoetrySoup a haven. What happens when an entire poem submitted for contest or a conversion of a greeting card from a poem is no longer on your on your site, and you never deleted it?
11/22/2015 12:04:40 AM
community points Does anyone know when the results for the contest title "Cellular Realty" will be published? Maybe I missed them,!
11/30/2015 9:52:43 PM
Hello Fengleishanren wrote:
Hello everyone, I'm Fengleishanren, or Ogino Makoto from Japan. I'm living with my wife and working as a programmer in Tokyo. I'm verry sorry for I 've not introduced myself yet although my first post was on this Jan. I like story telling poetry like ballad or epic. Some day I'd like to challenge writing epic fantasy. I believe this site is a great help for me to learn and enjoying my poetry life.

Thank you !
11/30/2015 9:54:20 PM
Hello Glad to meet you Fengle, would like to read some of your ballads and epics
11/30/2015 9:56:55 PM
Quote criticism I tend to agree with you Dave.
11/30/2015 10:06:59 PM
Decisions Would like to have this poem gently critiqued. Can't understand where Iwent wrong with this poem, for no one has ever commented on it yet. What is unattractive about it , could you please tell me?

Please see post below:
ACTUALIZATION OF THE SELF

There is a craving like lower beings,
For the satisfaction of basic needs.
Every creature upon the face of earth,
Seeks food, shelter and safety first.

Who can survive without these three?
Even foxes have holes to lay their heads.
Seeking the basic needs and feeling safe,
The self concentrates on belong somewhere.

How one looks does not matter,
For there is no pride in 'pain'.
How the environment looked was
accepted, for
It offered protection from rain and sun.

But when regular meals can be found,
Good shelter and adequate rest,
One turns an eye upon the “covering”,
And even aim for higher things.

With the three needs now met,
One becomes a “self” and dares to
wonder;
What can I do with myself?
How can I improve me?

Suddenly, one wants to “belong”
somewhere asking:
"What do I have to offer me and
to Society as well"?
How could I fit in with many others?
Help me search for the ME I long to be!

Copyright © 2015 Rainbow Promise
1/1/2016 8:45:30 PM
About my Poems I just checked on the heading "Manage Poems For Contests Entered" or something like that, and discovered that although "Joan of Arc" was entered under the form of Narative, it is now labeled under "Diadacted Foods". Is that why N/A was placed by it?
1/19/2016 11:12:11 PM
Have fun and keep PoetrySoup a haven. john1423 wrote:
Buried

"Buried" What is buried John? Is it the Reply button? Persons comment on a poem but you cannot respond to say thank you!
1/19/2016 11:52:18 PM
THE FEWLY APPRECIATED "...But what does puzzle me is the seemingly overwhelming number of those who read without offering even the smallest response. I can honestly say that I do not understand how fifty people can read a poem and say nothing about it."

I think that persons have various interests, favorite poets, like special forms, and some do not like long poems. That said, I think that the administrators push for members to encourage and build up each other, not frustrate them! Seeing how many comments some poets get could cause one to believe that he/she cannot write, feel a little jealous or not write at all. You can also try phrasing the title so that it draws attention at first glance.

I do not understand, why some would read a poem, make NO comments, then a month or so after, clip it off and post on another site! How do persons get onto your personal page? If I should attend a function and someone got up to recite one of my "stolen" poems, they would have to call me crazy because I will claim it along with them!

I hope that they truthfully say the poems are not theirs, and give credit where it's due. God is seeing as well as hearing these false things!
edited by Cala Lilly on 1/19/2016
pages: 1 2 3