Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » I just need to talk... » About my Poems

Don't Post Poetry Here!!! Talk about anything or need a shoulder to cry on? Share your thoughts and emotions here:
10/4/2013 4:53:40 PM

robin davis
Hello Soupers

First of all I want to thank Poetry Soup for being the best site ever for poets.

Everyone has been so helpful and sweet since I became a member.

I would like to mention something about my poetry. I have a lot of comments asking if

the poems I am writing are from real life experience because they are so real and emotional.

The only one that is from my life is the Secret Hell poem. That did happen to me. All the other

ones are just poems that just come out of my mind. I just start putting down words and

thats what happens.

I do feel honored that my work is touching people that way.

Have a nice weekend everyone. Take care Stay safe

Hugs and love to everyone

Kissing

hug

grouphug
permalink • reply with quote
10/7/2013 11:10:13 AM

Just That Archaic Poet
Robin, glad you are here and sharing with us. I agree with Jerasle: artistic expression is great self-therapy. Happy you both have joined us

~JustThatArchaicPoet aka JustLivingLies
10/7/2013 4:35:18 PM

robin davis
To Jerasle and Archaic.

Thanks for replying to my post. Yes, I agree. Poetry is a way to express ourselves, weather good or bad.

I am glad to be here with all of the talented and great poets.

Enjoy your day/night
2/11/2015 3:40:25 PM

Savoy Boddie
I've had many rough patches in my life and Poetry Soup has given me the opportunity to express those hardships, but I find it hard to write about anything happy. When ever I wrote a poem and people ask to read it they would say that it was good but that I should write about happier things. Its not that I don't to, it's just that... it's just the only way these emotions can be expressed. If I'm happy, I don't express it in words, I express it through my actions and if I feel disturbed or unhappy I express them on paper believing that my sorrows wouldn't be a burden to others unless they read it themselves. I write about things like depression and what not just so that people would have option to read it or let it be. But the more its left alone then the smaller my voice becomes; the one that cries help.
6/16/2015 4:02:57 PM

Austin Eseke
hey people,i really appreciate the feedback on my poems "my love' and "competition" and still looking forward to more
1/1/2016 8:45:30 PM

Rainbow Promise
I just checked on the heading "Manage Poems For Contests Entered" or something like that, and discovered that although "Joan of Arc" was entered under the form of Narative, it is now labeled under "Diadacted Foods". Is that why N/A was placed by it?
1/7/2016 12:05:41 PM

Constance La France
Rainbow, you need to really check when posting a poem that you click on the correct form, check, check, check, it moves sometimes, and of course the wrong form entered in a contest will result in NA

Forum Home » I just need to talk... » About my Poems