An Epitaph to Make Us Laugh 2 Poetry Contest
Epitaph poetry form only.
Poetry Contest Deadline:
Saturday, May 11, 2019
poems of the maximum 40 allowed
have been entered.
5/11/2019 12:00:00 AM
Note from Sponsor:
No updates yet...
What to Submit?
1 original, NEW, RHYMING epitaph poem.
An epitaph poem is a poem you would find on a gravestone. Typically they would be serious, but I want you to write a humorous one.
- Poem MUST be only 2 OR 4 lines (longer than that is just too costly to engrave) and every line must rhyme
- AABB, ABAB, AAAA, ABBA
- Poem must have the name of the departed in the poem (not your own name).
- Unlike the first time around, I am requiring it to be a proper name(i.e. NOT generic like "the Miller's son).
- Date the poem on the bottom
- As with all contests, names are not permitted and will result in DQ.
Here lies good ole Cousin Fred
A great big rock fell on his head
-Haunted Mansion in Disney World
Rankings will be based on
- How well the poem reads
Creativity (surprise me with your topic or approach)
My subjective opinion (this is implied with all contests, I make rules to be as objective as possible)
- MAKE ME LAUGH OUT LOUD
- Meter / Flow
- Spelling and Grammar
Many glorious placements
Preparing Your Entry
Poems should be in English. Poems translated from other languages are not eligible, unless you wrote both the original poem and the translation.
A Note to Poetry Contestants
You are welcome to enter this contest, whether or not you won a prize in one of my previous contests.