Get Your Premium Membership

fresh tea

I had a seventh grader tell me, when I was in 5th grade, that things go downhill after 5th grade - that life doesn’t get better, it just gets more complicated. I’ve had years to mull that over and I have to say that in some ways his testimony was on beat. As we start the second half of sophomore fall semester, I think I’ve reached stability and I’m accustomed to this year’s schedule and workload. I haven’t surveyed whether I’m faster or slower in this (see below), but now I know all the tricks - where to eat, which paths to take and what to carry. I have a firm rhythm that’s consistent and insistent. “I’m finally on my schedule.” I commented to Sunny yesterday morning as we collided in our dash to get our shoes on. She looked at me in confusion “You know we’re on week 8 out of 15, Ya?” I was shocked, “I hadn’t thought of it that way,” I admitted as we stepped out. It’s midnight and we’re going (Peter, Lisa, Sophie and I) to “My Butt” tonight (the dorm basement snack-bar). I took two seconds to splash my face with water and twist-back my hair. “How do I look?” I asked Peter. “You’re attractive.. enough,” he said, “..I mean you fall within a bell curve.” “You're almost 40,” I say, in the face of his non-complement. “I’m 26,” Peter said, “You know it, and I have proof. You DO have some good points though,” he granted, while trying to drape his great, hairy, gorilla-like arm on me, “there’s your sparkling conversation and nice underwear.” “I donated those to goodwill,” I lied, while giving him a half-gentle stiff-arm. “You remind me of my parents,” Sophie says. The tea (the best tea is scandalous). Lisa’s friend Baker dashed back to her room between classes Yesterday. She’d forgotten the big paper she had to turn-in. It was a mad dash and passing a roommate’s open door, she realized that the girl was lowkey masturbating. Lisa, delighted to be an interlocutor in the matter, due to Baker’s overplus embarrassment, is trying to suggest next steps in a post-shock protocol. . . Interlocutor: “someone who takes part in a dialogue, or situation”

Copyright © | Year Posted 2022




Post Comments

Poetrysoup is an environment of encouragement and growth so only provide specific positive comments that indicate what you appreciate about the poem.

Please Login to post a comment

Date: 10/29/2022 11:47:00 AM
This reminds me of your concern about tests, i.e., "Bell Curve" aka Pareto's 80/20 rule. 80% of test questions will be routine, 10% easily answered, and 10% will be tricky or require due thought and consideration, so always answer the easiest ones first! 90% correct is a passing grade, and you still have time to consider the other 10%. Aloha!
Login to Reply
Leffanta Avatar
Rico Leffanta
Date: 10/31/2022 10:48:00 AM
Answering that 90% first, refreshes the mind of various aspects of the subject which make it easier to correctly answer the difficult questions. Have fun! Aloha!
vionet Avatar
Anais vionet
Date: 10/29/2022 5:47:00 PM
Excellent test strategy - thanks Rico!
Date: 10/29/2022 4:36:00 AM
I'll have what she's having.
Login to Reply
vionet Avatar
Anais vionet
Date: 10/29/2022 8:51:00 AM
=]