Book: Reflection on the Important Things

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Corrina - all messages by user

5/6/2015 9:30:30 AM
Unintentional Me Hi everyone,
I am so happy to have recently heard about this site. I can easily see in the short time I have spent on here that a massive amount of talent falls within these walls of poetry soup, as well as inspiring mentors.
I remember one day when I was 12 or so just waking up to the rhymes in my head. I wrote them down completely naïve of what poetry was and obliging the voice in my head which demanded she be heard.
In those days I wrote whenever words filled my head, it was often. As I got older I noticed the demand was less frequent and the rhymes only showed up when my heart was with in love or completely broken, always seeming unintentional.
A couple years ago I decided I would write a book and get published, a legacy to the demands of the voice in my head and of course my heart. As I scanned through the years of rhyme I wondered what it would look like to write with intentional. I collected imagery in my head and wrote down a thought here and there such as , cotton candy clouds, and then I waited..to my relief the rhymes came.
So without having written in form, I now try my best at different styles. I love to see how each style is written out in detail on Poetry Soup so that I can best determine my writing style, as well as try my hand at styles I haven’t tried.
In my short time here I have read some inspirational poetry and I can’t wait to get more involved. I now call myself a writer, although not really believing myself all the time. The writer inside me never once asked for recognition, never feeling worthy, but it’s time to write alongside those that inspire me as I welcome some gentle critiquing and definitely some positive feed back on any of my words.

Thank you,
Corrina
edited by Corrina on 5/6/2015
5/7/2015 12:31:32 PM
New, Crazy but undeniably lovable. Hi there,

Im new on here as well, but when I click on a link to your profile I cant seem to find your writings>
pages: 1