Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

artimus - all messages by user

9/13/2023 6:10:29 PM
Introductions Howdy all!

I am new here and was recommended to come here by my friend Jeanine DeJesus who writes here often. I have been writing poetry since the mid 80s off and on and so I have compiled a bunch of work over the years.

I originally started writing poetry while corresponding with my friend Richard Terril the the Silicon Valley founder of Matchemaker.com with whom I became close friends with. Richard is the only person I have ever known that can compose poetry on the fly on any subject and recite it to you. He is clearly a wild mage on the subject. And so I originally started writing to impress him.

Over the years its taken on a much deeper meaning for me and in recent times I have even written song lyrics. I don't pay much attention to the rules, so if you are a stickler for that, apologies... my poems write themselves and their style.

Then again,I did not study poetry and this is the first time I have interacted in a forum about it.

I am enjoying reading what everyone writes and the back history of the various types of poetry.

I had no idea of all of the intricasies.

I look forward to talking about it. - Susan AKA Artimus
9/23/2023 9:15:40 AM
Free verse that is longer then permitted I have a really nice free verse I would like to post up, but it wants me to edit it down. And frankly, that will do it a huge disservice. Should I break it up over two postings? What have others done? Looking for recommendations.
pages: 1