Book: Reflection on the Important Things

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Tomcatx - all messages by user

6/24/2021 8:45:19 AM
Introduction (Nick V) Hi--I recently created an account in PoetrySoup and started posting my poems. I began writing poetry & prose in the early 1980s and resumed--after a nearly 40 year hiatus--writing poetry again early this year. I've also been posting my poems on the AllPoetry site and perhaps some of you are also on that site as well. I've been having some technical problems with this website. I may become a paid member and perhaps that will make the site easier to use (or at least give me more options). I look forward to reading more poetry on this site and connecting with poets.
6/24/2021 3:24:16 PM
Soupmail? I recently created an account in PoetrySoup and began posting poems, etc. I received an email notifying me that someone sent a Soupmail message--but when I checked my Soupmail inbox, there were no messages. My Soupmail is enabled. Any idea what the problem might be? Do I need to be a paid member to send/receive Soupmail messages (I realize that being a premium member is required to receive feedback on my poems & other features). Thanks in advance for any feedback you can offer.
6/28/2021 3:42:52 PM
Photo uploading problem I've experienced a similar problem uploading a photo to My Profile & Settings. I followed the instructions to crop it, refresh and only 1/6 of the photo (upper left side) will appear. I tried this in different browsers.
7/13/2021 3:32:06 PM
I am new here! Welcome to PoetrySoup. I also like Camus and read some Borges, Joyce & Dostoyevsky.
7/15/2021 3:52:15 PM
Uploading a photo I share your frustration with this feature of the site. I've only been successful at adding about 1/6 of a photo. I followed the instructions to crop it, refresh and only 1/6 of the photo (upper left side) appears. I tried this with different photos & in different browsers with similiar results. I wish I could simply delete the partial photo but the site doesn't allow this--one can apparently only add a photo! I mentioned this in another post on the forum and no one has replied. I'm wondering if we can contact the site's admin (if there is one). I find this site very frustrating for a number of reasons.
7/23/2021 4:19:05 PM
asking administration a question about the site I haven't attempted this yet but I found a contact page:
https://www.poetrysoup.com/contact_us.aspx

I might send them a message about the photo uploading problem, etc.

FYI--I also have an account on AllPoetry and find that a much better website in spite of its quirks.

This one is clunky to say the least.
12/17/2021 10:08:29 AM
Introduction (Nick V) Hi, Husna: Welcome to PS. It's nice to see someone else from AllPoetry on this site (there are many AP members on this site as well).
4/14/2022 8:26:28 AM
Soupmail? Rachel--belated thanks for your feedback. I don't have Outlook on my Macbook--however, it looks like Soup Mail is working. I think the message I received last year shortly after creating my PoetrySoup was spam. I'm relieved it isn't necessary to try the steps you outlined.
5/27/2022 7:18:33 AM
old guy new to poetry soup Paul--welcome to PoetrySoup. I began writing poetry again just about a year ago (close to 60). I'm more active on AllPoetry (which is a much more user-friendly website but has its own issues).
pages: 1