Book: Reflection on the Important Things

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Lodigiana poetess - all messages by user

10/24/2017 12:33:11 PM
New to PoetrySoup Hi Guys, as from today new to this site...which looks great! I do belong to a couple of other sites and really enjoy writing and the interaction I get from members.I liked the layout of this site so thought I would give it a go. I came to poetry quite late in life although I have always loved scribbling my thoughts down- I tend to write in 'fits'n starts' sometime rattling through two or three a day ...and then at other times struggling to put a line together.!.I am hoping to find a lot of inspiration as well as some good, constructive critiques to help my writing develop. I love writing in Rhyme but want to expand beyond that. I also have quite a comic side to me so expect a few lighter hearted pieces.
10/24/2017 12:48:51 PM
Hypocricy Hi Glory, I also had a problem with this as quite often I would want to write about something that I had no experience of so hesitated. However I found that maybe through contact with other people who HAD experience of it ,I could put their experience into words and hopefully paint a picture in the readers mind of the situation. I think that poets are probably very empathic people who value and trust their own instincts and emotions and if they are lucky they can use their words in the way an artist uses his paintbrush...to depict a story- It's all down to imagination as well and how well you are able to translate that into a workable poem.Personal experience will always give you a special insight but imagination can provide some good stuff also- so as long as you put your heart into it ..just write!!!
11/3/2017 1:48:42 PM
Looking for other sites similar. Any suggestions? I also belong to a great site 'Cosmofunnel' where your poems are featured with any images you want to include on your poem. There is also a freemonthly competition and the other poets are very encouraging and do comment a lot on the poems submitted. It's free and there is a great community feel. The only thing I wish they had would be a forum section but nontheless we all seem able to communicate pretty well!
pages: 1