Book: Reflection on the Important Things

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

jthorn5656 - all messages by user

5/27/2014 5:30:32 AM
Hello Everybody ns murty wrote:
I chanced upon this site yesterday and I am happy to join a good club. I have been writing for quite a while and had a publication to my credit. I am slowly getting used to the navigation methods and hope the interaction will be fruitful.
With best wishes

A Better Putter
I have an iron which is a nine
Which some say has become benign;
Balls have been slow as molasses
So I had to take a couple of classes.
From the whole course I got cut
Because I never learned how to putt
And you should see the terrible scar
When they beat me for not making par.
All my balls were up against the wall
Until I saw a great, gorgeous gal;
Should we play around for a while;
She sure had guessed my golfing style.
To avoid all of the trash and clutter
I then tried to buy a better putter
But on course dead body does remain;
All my drives had driven them insane.
5/27/2014 5:33:07 AM
Hello Everybody ns murty wrote:
I chanced upon this site yesterday and I am happy to join a good club. I have been writing for quite a while and had a publication to my credit. I am slowly getting used to the navigation methods and hope the interaction will be fruitful.
With best wishes

Also, Chances are your chances are awfully good by Johnny Mathis. Remember that one? Jim Horn
8/20/2015 6:18:07 AM
Pretense - by Bob Atkinson Glory Winzer wrote:
Didn't come to read Poe and Frey. Had I wanted to read them, would have read them. Came to read YOUR poetry, and enjoyed 18 stoic faces.
The idea which you channel into the poem is excellent, unfortunately the delivery somewhat lacks. What form are you trying to use here? It seems to me you'd be better off either writing it in free verse, or making sure it rhymes consistently. Plus, your phrasing is off, and though there is a nice flow, you throw it off by tossing in a line that doesn't go with the meter. Other than technicalities, though, nicely done.
8/20/2015 6:22:22 AM
Pretense - by Bob Atkinson Did we actually come under false pretense, when what we prefer is to make much sense. Our contents of each poem start thinking about. Let it enter your mind and try it out.
Am approaching writing 1,500 poems and being 20th on list of productive poets. Jim Horn
pages: 1