Book: Reflection on the Important Things

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

ElCannon - all messages by user

1/13/2020 8:09:42 AM
Rat race please critique Rat Race

You follow the rat races, Climbing ladders that never end, Surrounded by faces, But not one you could call friend, You stare hungrily at your reflection, Picking apart your every inch, Believing beauty leads to connection, But would it save you in a pinch? You spend like there's no tomorrow, Yet for the poor you've naught to spare, But if it became your turn to borrow, Would it shock you when none will care, You trust blindly in your societies, That if you do it all you will win, But you end up drowning in anxieties, From the emptiness you feel within.

Please critique to the highest degree. Thank you
1/18/2020 1:46:36 AM
New here! Hello! My name is Eliza! Its a pleasure to be here and take part in this lovely poetry community! A bit about myself? I like to write poetry as a way of releasing my emotions and thoughts. I feel its the most beautiful way one can express themselves, even dark things are beautiful when in poetry form. Haha oops, I'm supposed to be talking about me, not how much I love poetry!

Lets see, I'm 33 years old and live in the UK, though I'm from the USA. I used to work as a graphic designer. I love video games, fantasy stories, films, etc. I am big into nature and zoology, and kind of a nerd. I also really, really, really love spinach. Okay i think that's about it!
pages: 1