You have an ad blocker! We understand, but...

PoetrySoup is a small privately owned website. Our means of support comes from advertising revenue. We want to keep PoetrySoup alive, make it better, and keep it free. Please support us by disabling your ad blocker on PoetrySoup. See how to enable ads while keeping your ad blocker active. Also, did you know you can become a PoetrySoup Lifetime Premium Member and block ads forever...while getting many more great features. Take a look! Thank you!
Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » Be Gentle » CRUSH:

Post here if you're new to receiving a critique and you want "gentle" feedback on your poem. Constructive criticism only. PLEASE Only Post One Poem a Day!!!
1/30/2012 5:17:27 AM

Louis Muhereza
Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;}hello, this is one of my favourite poems, and being new to this forum and poetry group i would like to recieve feedback. any type of feedback is highly acceptable and will be constructively received. thank you.

CRUSH
The day i first met her
She moved along like a timed slide show
With grace and chaste in her stride
Swinging her hips like a desert Carmel
And stepping on the ground like it hurts.

That’s when i first saw her
Meeting her was a dream come true,
Speaking to her was like melting the snow.
Her voice like the ocean singing low
With no turbulent waves to alter the flow.
That’s when i first met her.
Touching her was like food to a pauper
Her skin smooth like a kwashiorkor patient
Her body soft like sheep wool
That’s when i first touched her.
Holding her in my arms,
Being with her all my life
...was never imagined
For it never happened
permalink • reply with quote
1/30/2012 7:48:25 AM

Louis Muhereza