Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq
Don't Post Poetry Here!!! Talk about anything or need a shoulder to cry on? Share your thoughts and emotions here:
1/11/2012 6:54:53 PM

Valerie Sherman
Hello guys. I usually don't share anything but, I feel I must get some relief. Recently I graduated from College and relocated with my mother which is great. At that same point I lost my sister(best friend) unexpectantly...we're healing. I gave up all I had to help take care of our Mother, in the process I lost a lot..now I lost my automobile..we have no way of getting around...I do all I can to take care of her...People stress so much about caring and helping ...Where are they? Thanks for listening anyway
permalink • reply with quote
1/13/2012 2:16:21 PM

Eleanore Bourner
Valerie,
I am very sorry for you loss. Help is in many places. You may need to look online, or in a newspaper. If you're religious go to your place of worship and talk to people. Friends and any other family should also be willing to help. I hope that this helps. I'll be praying for you.

Elly
1/14/2012 6:23:54 PM

Karla Null
Hi Valerie, I am so sorry for your troubles. I know that things may seem as bad as they can get but please have faith. God gives us trials and usually there is a blessing right around the corner. Everyone else may have abandoned you but He never will.

Blessings.....Karla
1/20/2012 12:59:28 PM

Lemonia Sims
You are facing alot of hard struggles and dear I don't mean to talk about my struggles,but I want to give you and example of how going through struggles can make u stronger. People would always tell me that before I got to be a more stronger person and I would always get mad at them when they would say that because I did not believe that. You feel so broken down and don't think you will ever have any help and support from anyone. Ms. Lady I felt that so much in my struggles. I have mental Health Issues from life long emotional problems from parents not taking care of me from childhood and it escalated to adulthood. I had to see counselors from childhood all the way till now. I have been in group homes, prison, shelters could not support my 3kids from not having any support from their fathers or anyone else. Abusive relationships, loving the wrong men cause I wanted someone to love me and I had rathered be a abuse man than be alone. I alot of living in Chicago my hometown it was hard for me to keep myself stable, but oh! I loved there. So I finally moved back to where my mothers side of the family lived. I don't like it here but it was safer for my kids at the time. Long story short I lost my 3 beautiful black queens to the system partly my fault for mental health reasons. I was in denial for a while about being sick. Now that they have been gone for 5 years it has been along sad, hurtful, and humbling journey time for me to work on issues. I wish I could get them back but unfortunately DCFS won't give them back to me. So I live with that for the rest of my life but I'm trying my best to do it with the help of my higher power being God. I know people thinks its hard to believe it somethink you can not see of course it is. Things that were happening to me when I was going through couldn't be explained. I didn 't have any family or friends that would help me. So I did not have any choice but to lean on him. He says just try to have faith in him and he will show up in your life sorry for the long reply just hope that I helped you some.

--
Lemonia Sims
8/11/2012 2:08:28 PM

Lorraine Ferns
I just came across your post and I know it's been a while but I felt sad reading it! I have never lost anyone close, that I have really known. I can't relate to your pain-but I heard it, and I'm hoping with all my heart that strength, and help finds you, and lots of love comes your way!
edited by thetruanttrain on 8/11/2012
8/12/2012 9:20:48 AM

Bradley Cox
If anyone ever need's a friend to talk to i am hear, I was ran over by a suv in 09 i am now in a chair most of the time. so i have penlty of time. thank you email is blazinbradley@usa.com
edited by poetbradley1 on 8/12/2012

--
Bradley Cox
10/11/2012 11:39:16 AM

JasonPoet Boyd
What can I do to help. Tell me and if I can I will. I don't have much my family and I live on disabilty but I am willing and wanting to help however I can. I believe that sometimes you have to be the blessing for someone and not just pray for the blessing for someone. Look me up on face book and you can message me. sincerly Bobb Marly

--
Life on Purpose Live it before you lose it! ©2009