Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » Writing Poetry » Talking about poetry

Ways to improve your poetry. Post your techniques, tips, and creative ideas how to write better.
1/31/2021 11:54:22 AM

Geraldine Brag
Hello! I hope you all doing well)
I see here a lot of talented writers, and I am only on the start of my way) Can you, guys share your experience? How did you start? And what or who was your muse?)
permalink • reply with quote
11/2/2021 10:48:11 AM

Christopher Goss
Hello! Happy to see you join the fray! Poetry is an amazing endeavor.

I actually distinctly remember the moment I decided to write poetry. I was in English class in middle school and the teacher read I, Too by Langston Hughes. That poem captivated me so much I thought to myself, "I want to write poetry, too!" Being shy and withdrawn and going through some of the awful things I went through in school I also formed a personal connection to the poem.

That was back in 2003. When I first started writing poems I wrote a lot of limericks. So many limericks. I was writing between five and ten poems every day. It was a very liberating experience to be able to express myself in such a way because I wasn't great at saying things.

Sylvia Plath and Black Ice were also huge influences on me. It was thanks to Black Ice that I began writing spoken word poetry and ended up performing the very first one I wrote at a small function at my high school.
11/30/2021 11:50:21 PM

Jack Forlan
geraldine.brag wrote:
Hello! I hope you all doing well)
I see here a lot of talented writers, and I am only on the start of my way) Can you, guys share your experience? How did you start? And what or who was your muse?)

The main thing is to start

--
https://blablawriting.net/essay-examples/entertainment

Forum Home » Writing Poetry » Talking about poetry