Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » Introductions » An introduction from a veteran!

New to PoetrySoup? Introduce yourself here. Tell us something about yourself.
4/27/2020 6:51:49 PM

Christopher Goss
Hello, my username is wasted_dreams011 but my real name is Christopher. I have been posting on this website since 2009 but realized I never introduced myself. I originally began writing poetry around 2004 (at the age of 14) but I discovered writing all the way back in Kindergarten. I'll never forget the teacher saying I would make a brilliant writer. I'm not about to call myself brilliant but I believe that was the spark that ignited my passion in this hobby.

I found a home in both poetry and collaborative fiction. I really dug deep in poetry around 2006. When I began writing poetry in earnest I was writing 5-10 poems a day. As a shy and relatively soft spoken young man poetry was a high I had never known before. I could articulate myself in ways I often struggled to in actual speech due to my shyness.

In 2009 I attended a creative writing class and discovered a certain gift for spoken word poetry. Black Ice was a huge influence on my early spoken word poems. I was published in the literary magazine that year in high school.

To me poetry has always been about self-expression and being an outlet for me. Many of my poems are introspective and personal. Of course I do have the silly poem here and there.

That being said poetry has also been a significant source of frustration as well. I feel like I've been stuck in a rut for a long time.

Anyway, all of that said, I have been happy to share this welcoming environment with you all the last eleven years. Sometimes I've considered giving up the craft but something makes me come back every time. Thank you for reading my rather long winded introduction. I wish you all a fantastic day.
permalink • reply with quote

Forum Home » Introductions » An introduction from a veteran!