Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » Writing Poetry » Have you thought about making chapbooks

Ways to improve your poetry. Post your techniques, tips, and creative ideas how to write better.
4/24/2020 3:17:33 PM

Mario Walker
Selling poetry is indeed difficult and the market for poetry has historically been small to non-existent but self-publishing made it easy for poets to publish without any money, but with self-publish you still need money to buy your your books from (amazon or Lulu). Chapbooks seem to be the most practical way poets can create and sell their work for a low cost. Chapbooks are most effective at poetry readings, open-mics or Slams. What do you guys think?
permalink • reply with quote
2/26/2021 6:20:11 PM

Yonathan Asefaw
I think it works, I am currently composing a chapbook myself, I used to have two that I was producing but I think one would be enough.
4/21/2021 1:13:12 AM

Eduardo Richardson
This is a great idea! I absolutely agree that Chapbooks is a pretty successful strategy that will help promote your product, as well as focus on visuals that will retain meaning, but will take on a more convenient form. The Edubirdie service always helps me in editing my prose, my essays, which makes them much easier to read.
edited by Eduardo Richardson on 4/25/2021

Forum Home » Writing Poetry » Have you thought about making chapbooks