Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » High Critique » He Changed Me

For poets who want unrestricted constructive criticism. This is NOT a vanity workshop. If you do not want your poem seriously critiqued, do not post here. Constructive criticism only. PLEASE Only Post One Poem a Day!!!
9/17/2018 8:38:05 AM

Latisha Jones
God changedme for the better this I truly in my heart know
I rememberhow i was at first and to accept that was a hard blow
I didn’tthink anything was wrong with me that I had finally got it together
I was finallyable to stand on my own and take care of myself
I didn’thave to depend on or ask anyone for their help
I didn’thave to do things I really didn’t want to do just to make a little money to getby
I didn’thave to keep making the wrong decisions just to keep from having to cry
Not everyhurt or pain inflicted on me was from others most of them I inflicted themmyself.
Not likingyourself or not even loving yourself is a hurt that is hard to overcome
But with Godall of this is possible, and I am a living testament of that for everyone
I felt that Idid not need anyone because all people did was hurt you to get what they wanted
Nobodyreally cared about me that is what I believed and felt and that was what peopleflaunted
Can anyonerelate feeling like that every day of your life, but the good thing is itwasn’t true
When Godshowed me that someone wanted to love me unconditionally I was so happy
God showedme how my thinking was wrong all those years
God gave mestrength and made me stronger thru all the tears
My tears werevery cleansing for me crying out all the hurt and pain
Opening meup to be able to receive all this love he had in his plan
He placedspecial people who would not give up on me no matter what I did to push themaway
He gave me blessedpeople who have been there help me get thru and let me know it would be okay
God haschanged my whole outlook on life now where before I wondered why I was evenborn
I felt likeit was just to be used and abused and to be miserable the rest of my days
But I know Ihave a purpose now God had me go thru everything to mold me into the person Iam now and I just had to get out of his way.
To be a helpto someone else who may be going thru what I went thru
or someone who is struggling to deal with whatthey have been thru but can look at me and
hear my story and know without a doubt thatGod is real and if he can change my bitter and
angry and isolated self into a person whowants to be
better andmore positive and give hope and encouragement to others he can change you too.
God is theonly one that can help you change for the better
Godencourages and not discourages those who want to try
He makes itknown that he is there no matter what even more when you need to cry
He wants thebest for you always and when you do he is happy for you
God is notenvies of you and trying to take you down instead of building you up
He is nottrying to manipulate you to be what he wants it is not one sided at all
You don’thave to continue to live that generational curse of how you were raised you canbe different,
you can be abetter you can be who God created you to be. When I look back and see how far Ihave
come withGod and where he brought me from I know I am a miracle. I would not be here ifGod had not had his hand on my life from the start.
permalink • reply with quote

Forum Home » High Critique » He Changed Me