Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » Introductions » Hey there

New to PoetrySoup? Introduce yourself here. Tell us something about yourself.
7/27/2018 3:23:01 PM

Leah Kareem
Hi, my name's Leah.

So I joined this thing today because I stumbled across a Poetry Soup page.

I'm a Sophomore In high school and have been writing poetry for as long as I can remember. By the age of eight I decided I was going to be the next teen pop star. Taylor swift was my idol. Unfortunately, I soon found out I was absolutely horrible at singing. I mean, horrible. So I started writing songs. I became increasingly frustrated when I realized I couldn't even sing the songs I wrote so I began simply reading them aloud. Songs turned to poems and here I am today.

I'm not amazing at writing poetry but it brings me great happiness, which is equally important...right? Anyway, I'm pretty much the average Teenager. I play soccer, run track, am the President of my Grade, along with other attributes of the modern High schooler in the United States. I'm half afghan, a quarter Moroccan, and a quarter Salvadorian. Technically, the definition of diverse. I live with my mother and aunt in a small home in a city not far from Washington D.C. My father is no longer in our lives due to his neglect and abuse of my mother and I Yes, sad, but it definitely helps inspire my poetry.

I'm new to the site and have no idea how this thing really works but it seems pretty cool. I can't wait to read other people's poetry
permalink • reply with quote
8/6/2018 11:51:07 AM

Curtis Moorman
leahkareem wrote:
Hi, my name's Leah.

So I joined this thing today because I stumbled across a Poetry Soup page.

I'm a Sophomore In high school and have been writing poetry for as long as I can remember. By the age of eight I decided I was going to be the next teen pop star. Taylor swift was my idol. Unfortunately, I soon found out I was absolutely horrible at singing. I mean, horrible. So I started writing songs. I became increasingly frustrated when I realized I couldn't even sing the songs I wrote so I began simply reading them aloud. Songs turned to poems and here I am today.

I'm not amazing at writing poetry but it brings me great happiness, which is equally important...right? Anyway, I'm pretty much the average Teenager. I play soccer, run track, am the President of my Grade, along with other attributes of the modern High schooler in the United States. I'm half afghan, a quarter Moroccan, and a quarter Salvadorian. Technically, the definition of diverse. I live with my mother and aunt in a small home in a city not far from Washington D.C. My father is no longer in our lives due to his neglect and abuse of my mother and I Yes, sad, but it definitely helps inspire my poetry.

I'm new to the site and have no idea how this thing really works but it seems pretty cool. I can't wait to read other people's poetry
8/6/2018 11:53:24 AM

Curtis Moorman
Leah, I will read some of your poems and help you become acquainted with some great members of Soup. There are numerous people willing to assist budding poets. You'll discover this as time goes by. Best wishes!

Forum Home » Introductions » Hey there