You have an ad blocker! We understand, but...

PoetrySoup is a small privately owned website. Our means of support comes from advertising revenue. We want to keep PoetrySoup alive, make it better, and keep it free. Please support us by disabling your ad blocker on PoetrySoup. See how to enable ads while keeping your ad blocker active. Also, did you know you can become a PoetrySoup Lifetime Premium Member and block ads forever...while getting many more great features. Take a look! Thank you!
Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » High Critique » The End

For poets who want unrestricted constructive criticism. This is NOT a vanity workshop. If you do not want your poem seriously critiqued, do not post here. Constructive criticism only. PLEASE Only Post One Poem a Day!!!
5/17/2011 1:46:52 AM

roy may
Alas I find it quite perverse, that I can only write in verse, the habit has become a
curse
It’s time I though of quitting
I’m very envious of those, who effortlessly turn out prose, that without rhyme just
some how flows
Their skill is unremitting.
Even if I take my time, my poems somehow end as rhyme, becomes a literary crime
To all who are discerning
At spelling I will always fail, my grammar too is very frail, therefore I feel I’m bound
to fail,
To satisfy my yearning
Though I try with all my might, to make my poetry sound right I simply am not
erudite.
enough for inspiration
Therefore it's very plane to see, the thing that is obstructing me, I lack perspicacity
I have no education
I should have listened more at school, stopped behaving like a fool, my pen could
have become my tool
To fulfil my ambition
To write with style and panache, in literature to cut a dash, instead of which I come
down crash
Trembling with contrition
Now it’s time to turn to drink, and put away my pen and ink, give up the quest that
makes me think
That I could really write
No more to comment on the news, giving vent to biased views, or writing of the
global blues
It’s time I said good night.
permalink • reply with quote

Forum Home » High Critique » The End