Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » Introductions » Introduce myself and i

New to PoetrySoup? Introduce yourself here. Tell us something about yourself.
10/30/2017 1:26:28 PM

To be honest I was never one for the written word, more one for the sounds I heard.

I was always more of an athlete than an academic type.

I am slightly unique in that I'm have cross dominance, I write with the left, and throw with the right, however I developed my drawing skills a few years back and discovered I could draw almost equally with both hands, and that for short periods of time I was able to write with right.

I have A.D.H.D, which I'm proud of, when your put into a group of people that have A.D.H.D and in that group you have, to name a few, Albert Einstein, Stephen Hawking, Leonardo Da Vinci, Thomas Edison, Winston Churchill, Mozart, Beethoven, JFK, John Lennon, Elvis Presley, Will Smith, Alexander Graham Bell, Benjamin Franklin, Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears, Robin Williams, Tom Cruise, Abraham Lincoln, Napoleon Bonaparte, you know longer see it as a disorder but a gift.

I have been living with severe depression and anxiety for around 9 years, in that time I have made 2 serious attempts to end my life, and somehow survived (I took 12 zopiclone tablets and was found unconscious by my father who somehow, after taking 15 minutes or so to wake me up manage to bring me round, I believe I must have been minutes away from death, as I took the whole packet, and led down on my bed and accepted my fate, and accept it I have, I survived, therefore there is a reason I'm still a live, so I'm pursuing my destiny, I'm currently trying to workout what it is, I've been so low for so long, I have decided anything is possible).

I have overcome an alcohol addiction and a cannabis addiction in recent years, both times I did it with a plan that i , myself thought up. I'm willing to impart wisdom to anyone on the same track as me, I feel it is my duty.

But now I'm trying to get back out into the world and I find expressing myself through poetry to be therapeutic...... And that's the story of me.
P.s my best poems to check out are True Colours (it's timeless), Terrorize me, terrorise me not (my most flowing rhyme), If part 2017, with respect to Rudyard Kipling (I'm just very happy with that one, its all things that I have had to go through), No Love, part 2 and 1, but 2 was a lot of effort wear as 1 was easy. And then Believe (its deep) and Rhyme Juggernaut.
edited by NickTrimBath on 10/30/2017
permalink • reply with quote

Forum Home » Introductions » Introduce myself and i