Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » Introductions » I am just your average human being.

New to PoetrySoup? Introduce yourself here. Tell us something about yourself.
8/23/2017 8:14:07 PM

Jessica Palmer
My name is Jessica and I am 30 years old. I escaped the reality of my childhood/adolescence through reading. I gained an immense love of books, and developed an even greater love for writing. I was always writing short stories as a child, and found a therapeutic love of poetry as I grew into my teen years. I wrote many poems as a teenager and young adult. I enjoy writing very much, and enjoyed taking college level English courses to gain a better understanding of writing style and etiquette. I believe I have a gift with words and hope to someday reach out to others and bring something positive to their lives by way of writing. I want to positively impact this world. Whether it be one smile, one hopeful thought that I induce, or just giving somebody an escape from their own struggles through reading, I will make this world a better place.
edited by jessmarie87 on 8/23/2017
permalink • reply with quote
8/24/2017 9:25:23 AM

Dean Wood
Nice to get to know you Jessica. I look forward to reading more of your work!
9/3/2017 2:22:03 PM

Ifeanyi Bob Ekechukwu
jessmarie87 wrote:
My name is Jessica and I am 30 years old. I escaped the reality of my childhood/adolescence through reading. I gained an immense love of books, and developed an even greater love for writing. I was always writing short stories as a child, and found a therapeutic love of poetry as I grew into my teen years. I wrote many poems as a teenager and young adult. I enjoy writing very much, and enjoyed taking college level English courses to gain a better understanding of writing style and etiquette. I believe I have a gift with words and hope to someday reach out to others and bring something positive to their lives by way of writing. I want to positively impact this world. Whether it be one smile, one hopeful thought that I induce, or just giving somebody an escape from their own struggles through reading, I will make this world a better place.
edited by jessmarie87 on 8/23/2017

--
Donbob
9/3/2017 2:23:41 PM

Ifeanyi Bob Ekechukwu
Hell no,damn my system,my apologies,Jessica its really good to have you around...we will make our ways home even when there seem no homes for others,Welcome aboard

--
Donbob
9/7/2017 10:32:10 PM

Tony Brady
That is awesome. I can relate in many ways to what you said. Spread the beauty! Write on!

Forum Home » Introductions » I am just your average human being.