Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » High Critique » My first poem, should it be my last?

For poets who want unrestricted constructive criticism. This is NOT a vanity workshop. If you do not want your poem seriously critiqued, do not post here. Constructive criticism only. PLEASE Only Post One Poem a Day!!!
8/23/2017 2:58:36 PM

Heather B Reynolds
This is the first poem I've written since grade school. I am throwing it out here because it's my first. Tear it apart and help me put it back together. I know nothing about poetry but found it to be so therapeutic.
Should this be my last and go back to writing personal short stories for my family?
permalink • reply with quote
9/7/2017 1:13:27 AM

Jack Webster
unless you intend your post to stand as the poem, you've forgotten post the poem or provide a link to it.

if the post IS the poem, its a clever concept, but it doesn't add to my human experience or cause me to reflect on the human experience through prosody or figurative language.

no, it should not be your last. poems are like breaths. you never ask if there should be another, just keep on going, shallow or deep, deliberate or distracted, wakeful or dreaming, you just keep doing it, and it gives you life.
permalink • reply with quote

Forum Home » High Critique » My first poem, should it be my last?